Wednesday, September 23, 2009

oldie but goodie

at midnight, on our hellish train ride back to florence from vienna, willa handed me a candle-lit chocolate and serenaded our entire car with a sweet round of happy birthday

perfect

like a kid on christmas

mini and atlas

you can sprinkle my ashes here

thank you so much :)

really, thank you.

she's blood

There was nothing exciting about the idea of turning twenty. It’s a terrible number. Even saying it sounds bad. And I’ve had the opportunity to do much more fulfilling things during my time abroad than acknowledge my precious, fleeting teenage years dissipate into the crypt of young memories. However, on a less morbid note, this year’s September 21st reminded me of the many treasures I have been fortunate enough to accumulate over the decades— such as my little gem, Willa. I cannot think of many people that make me as genuinely happy as she does. As the blondest (reference to hair color and nothing more) member of my family, she once again went above and beyond the calls of friendship to ensure celebration ensued regardless of the continent. Needless to say, my spirit sister knows me all too well, seeing as she kept introducing new trinkets and pretty things to keep me starry-eyed throughout the day. I had class until the later part of the evening and assumed it would be a romantic dinner date for the two of us afterwards (our dates still make me giddy). Upon my return, I was welcomed by a glowing Willa, boasting lovely white wine, more pretty things (that I loved, naturally), and her bubbly eagerness to celebrate, hence our excited skip off to dinner…wherein I was surprised by a lovely group of kind souls the little she-devil had managed to assemble to surprise me. It was one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me, and I sincerely thank everyone tenfold for your priceless presence and generosity. Willa, you’re right next to me as a write this, but you really are something else. Thank you for being my home away from home.

P.S. I still can’t believe you actually managed to surprise me. I always catch that kind of shit.

P.P.S. Thank you for drinking white wine and dancing.

P.P.P.S. Shampoodle.



No comments:

Post a Comment