Sunday, September 13, 2009

For whatever we lose (like a you or a me,) it’s always ourselves we find in the sea



monterosso


vernazza




before



after



thanks, alman.


riomaggiore

I was reunited with my beloved coast this past weekend. We ventured to Cinque Terre, a stunning assemblage of five small sea towns, on the northwest coast of Italy. We stayed for an evening and soaked up the goodness of endless stretches of emerald water, mountain faces littered with colors and linen lines, and that perfect salty air. I savored some for you, Manther. Things could be better with the Moms, but we’re working on it…well, at least until Wednesday night because then Willa and I leave for Vienna and Prague! Just us two wandering souls for the weekend. Then class gets in the way again when we come home early Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment